Local Towns and Villages
There are many lovely local towns and villages that are worth visiting during your stay. We can't include them all - but we've picked our favourites. We've started with the closest and worked out!
WirksworthWirksworth is our closest town. It has a lovely market square and some interesting shops.
Key Events to look out for:
- The annual wheelbarrow race in May.
- The Wirksworth Art Festival throughout September
CromfordA lovely village with some great food options and the home of Arkwright's Mill. There's plenty to do in what is a small village - visit the mill or take a walk along the canal.
AshbourneAshbourne is a local market town. It contains many historical buildings and independently owned shops -along with some lovely coffee shops.
- Internationally renown for it's Shrove Tide Football match that involves the whole town.
Matlock and Matlock BathMatlock is the county town of Derbyshire and along with Matlock Bath provide a lots of things to do.
- The Illuminations in Matlock Bath
- The raft race on boxing day